Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Amador Flower Farm and Pumpkin Patch


I took the kids to the Amador Flower Farm. They have a great pumpkin patch and maze every year. There were 5 hidden scarecrows in the corn maze. It took us 2 separate tries with a break in between to find all of them. The maze was pretty good this year. Emmie was tired and stomped off in one direction and Clay ran off in another. Emmie came back and the 2 of us ran after Clay. We could hear his feet but there were so many paths we lost him. It was really windy so the corn made a lot of rustling noises. It wasn't long before we could not hear Clay at all. All I could hear were people talking and a child crying and the wind in the corn. We called for Clay and ran back and forth. After about 10 minutes of running in circles and passing the same blue scarecrow we had had so much trouble finding the first time half a dozen times we ran into a patch of corn that was very short. The crying child ran past and it was Clay! He was so hysterical I hadn't recognized his voice. He was shaking and held tight to me all the way out of the maze. It took another 5 minutes to find the exit but we did find the blue scarecrow once more! We had really gotten ourselves turned around. So that would be a sign of a good maze I think. We'll definitely go back again and hopefully Clay will have had some sense scared into him. I have my doubts however. Maybe we'll use the blue scarecrow as our emergency meeting point since it seems to attract us like the bermuda triangle.

2 comments:

Cari @ MamaOlogy said...

Oh how scary! I'll bet he was upset. Poor little guy. ;) Every year we go to that same corn maze and I'm always afraid that will happen to one of the girls.
It's nice to see you have a blog too! I'm excited to be able to keep in touch with you this way.
Super cute pictures of you guys at the corn maze by the way. It looks like it was a pretty day to go. :)

Let's plan a park day soon!

Unknown said...

I love your blog and pictures of those beautiful children. Invite us next time and we'll station ourselves at the entrance to the maze to catch your missing child.

What a great video of the fighting deer! Wow!