Thursday, March 19, 2009

Child-Proof Depends on the Child

Em's been a little sick lately so we had the medicine and vitamin box down on the counter. She had taken some Tylenol earlier. She came up to me after we had gotten home from taking the car to the shop and declared she had just taken her vitamins. I was a little shocked. I first asked her exactly what she took. It was just her normal bear vitamins and fluoride tablet. We usually keep the pills way up high and I have never even let the kids watch me open the bottles so they wouldn't figure it out on their own. I asked her how she got them open. She said, "Well, I read on the lid. It says 'To open push down and turn.'" We're so glad she can read, but things have just gotten a little more tricky. They should be called 'Non-Reader Proof caps' not 'Child Proof caps'.

2 comments:

joanne said...

O My! that kid is so smart! I would say put locks on the doors but Emmie is so smart she would pick the lock! give the kids a hug for us! we miss you guys so much!!

Keri said...

What a smartie pants!