Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Oscars


Using the computer here is like attending the Oscars. What? Have you heard at the Oscars they have people who are paid to be nothing but seat fillers? When one of the attendees gets up to use the bathroom a nicely dressed seat filler runs and occupies the seat. That way when they do an audience clapping shot they have no empty spaces. Or maybe they do it because the stars like a nice warm seat to return to. This is what I have to deal with. We have our computer in the dining room. (Please ignore the Christmas linens. I'm getting to them.) I start by pulling over one dining chair to the computer. Then I get called away. When I return my seat is occupied. I pull over another chair and begin again. Shortly, I'm called away once more. Another furry little seat filler takes my chair. These are my Oscars. I have 3 chairs and the one I get is way off to the side. When the children are home from school it gets even worse!

No comments: