Saturday, December 27, 2008

We're Back!

The New Laptop! Welcome to the 21st Century
Our old laptop lost its light on the screen. We had no idea that could happen. I had to back up all our photos for the last 2 years onto an external hard drive without being able to really see anything. If I had bright sunlight right on the screen I could faintly see the desktop but not the mouse. It was a bit like trying to use a computer with cataracts in the dark. I am sure we lost lots of pictures and videos. For some reason not all the transfers were successful. I found quite a few empty folders on the external hard drive. I am trying not to think about it.
I would really like to go back and recapture the month of November and the first bit of December. We went to Monterey right before Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. I better just stay current until I have some extra time to go back and sort through the pictures now that they aren't so easy to get to. I tried to download them all onto the new computer but I couldn't get them organised into anything other than one super giant folder of 8300 pictures and videos. I have been curious to know how many we had. That's about twice what I thought, a bit ridiculous for sure. I would like to get them all uploaded to a photo printing site to get hard copies made. It was taking so long I had to quit. Too bad I couldn't have finished before this happened.
I am really looking forward to publishing more of life around here now that the hubbub of Christmas is past. Unfortunately, the laundry is ceiling high and I can't even find the kitchen counter.

1 comment:

joanne said...

HAppy day! I am so excited that you can blog again! we have really missed hearing from you guys and seeing pics and videos!!!